Thursday, June 26, 2008

Kayleigh the . . . um . . singer

I ran across this blog from one of the comments. Can Bass 1 follows this blog and blogs himself. I read a few and enjoyed them. This one made me laugh.

A portion:
'Since it is so good a thing, I wish all men would learn to sing.'

So said William Byrd. But being a Gentleman of the Chapel Royal and living in the sixteenth century he clearly hadn't had the dubious pleasure of trying to instruct Kayleigh. For those of you new to this blog, allow me to explain. Kayleigh is so far the only person to present herself as a result of this shameless self-publicity for singing lessons. And I rather wish she hadn't.

'Just sing the note that I play on the piano, Kayleigh' I began by asking, adding that it might help if she removed her chewing gum as well. I played her middle 'c', then we tried 'g' and 'a' and then went down the octave - nothing, not a sound, which you'll understand was not a very promising beginning. 'I can't sing those notes you're playing' Kayleigh muttered, sullenly. 'They're just, like, not the notes I sing?'
Read the whole post here.

No comments: